Create a Native Configuration
Note: This feature is only available on our Growth plans and above.
You can use native configs to:
- Overwrite the unique bundle identifier or id attribute in
- Overwrite the App Name as it will appear on the home screen of a device
- Overwrite the
Appflow SDK (Deploy Plugin) variables and preferences
In this part of the tutorial, we'll setup a native configuration for
- Use a unique bundle id so that we can install both the development version of the app and the production version of the app on the same device
- Change the App Name so we can tell the two installations apart once they're installed on the device
- We'll also modify the
Deploy Channelthat the development version of the app listens to so that we can assign updates to that channel first to make sure they work (before we assign them to the
To create a native config, go to the
Build > Native Configs tab in the Appflow Dashboard sidebar and click
New native config in the top right.
- Name the configuration
- Overwrite the unique bundle id with
- Overwrite the app name with
Snapcats - Dev
- Overwrite the deploy channel to be
To take full advantage of automating your development environment, you'll want to add the native config to the automation we created earlier.
Automations tab, click
Edit from the
Options icon on the right of your automation, select the configuration from
Native Config dropdown and click
Now your apps should automatically have a different
bundle id, app name, and deploy channel between your development and production
builds. This means you can install both your development and production applications on the same device and easily tell them apart! 🔥
Note: If you plan to use Native Configurations to modify Bundle IDs with your iOS Package builds, you will need to setup code signing certificates using those alternate Bundle IDs. See our section on Generating Certificates for more information.